It's finally fall! The temperatures might been the 80s still, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy our autumnal favorites now. Enjoy this Spice Syrup in a steaming mug of whipped milk and espresso for a homemade PSL, use it in place of simple syrup for a spicy old fashioned, or shake it up with Rum or Calvados for an autumnal sour! (It also makes for a great, easy homemade gift!)
Autumnal Spice Syrup
- 1 Cup Water
- 1.25 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Whole Clove
- 1 Tbsp Allspice Berries
- 1 Large (or 2 smaller) Cinnamon Sticks, halves
- 2" piece ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Tsp Freshly Zested Orange Peel
- Heat water to a simmer. Stir in sugar until dissolved, about 30 seconds.
- Add whole spices and ginger. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Zest in orange and cover the syrup to cool.
- Once completely cooled, bottle syrup and store chilled up to 2 weeks.