The original Fogcutter created by Trader Vic in the 1940s relied on a split base of rum, gin, and brandy with a cream sherry float. This riff off a Fogcutter uses a blueberry infused Pisco in place of European brandy and is made slightly bitter with the addition of Averna Amaro.
.75 oz Blueberry Infused Pisco
.75 oz Dark Rum, such as the Plantation Dark or O.F.T.D
.75 oz Gin, such as Hayman's London Dry
.5 oz Averna Amaro
.5 oz Delicate Cream Sherry
1 oz Lemon Juice
.75 oz Orgeat
.75 oz Fresh Orange Juice
.25 oz Blueberry Shrub
Garnish: Orange Slice, Dehydrated Citrus Wheel, Blueberries
- Combine all ingredients into a shake tin with ice.
- Shake very well until cold, about 30 seconds.
- Double strain over ice into a collins or large rocks glass.
- Spear blueberries and place across the width of the glass along with a full orange wheel and dehydrated citrus wheel. Enjoy!
Blueberry Infused Pisco
1 Cup Pisco
1 Cup Blueberries
- Add blueberry to a sealable glass container. Muddle gently, crushing about half of the berries.
- Pour Pisco over the berries.
- seal container and shake well. Store chilled for 48 hours.
- Strain mixture well through a cheesecloth and discard solids. Store chilled for up to 2 weeks.
You can get this recipe on Patreon for $5/month!